Carrot and Coconut Milk Soup
This carrot soup recipe tends to use coconut milk in place of soy or dairy milk to give the soup a creamy soy-free tropical flavor. Serve chilled as an appetizer, or serve hot for meal.
-1 Onion, chopped small
-2-3 large Carrots, chopped small
-1 tablespoon fresh Ginger, minced
-1 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
-1 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
-1 1/4 ounce cans Coconut Milk
-Sea Salt, to taste
* Boil the carrots, ginger, curry powder and onions in vegetable broth for 20-25 minutes until the carrots get soft.
* Allow it to cool down a little. After this, make a puree in blender; work in sets if required.
* Heat and mix up with coconut milk till the time it’s completely combined.
* Add sea salt if desired.
* Serve as a hot or chilled soup. It will get thick as it cools down.
* Add additional liquid if serve as chilled soup, it will have more of a texture to it.
Black Bean Soup
This can take a bit to prepare so because sure to set it up ahead of time before you host your friends. This recipe contains a rich flavor that is instantly memorable.
-2 medium Onions, properly chopped (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
-6 pressed Garlic cloves
-1 (14 1/2 –ounce) of Vegetable Broth
-1 1/2 cups of canned chopped Tomatoes
-2 tablespoons of Ketchup
-2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
-1 tablespoon of Chili Powder
-4 (15 1/2-ounce) cans of Black Beans, not rinsed but drained
-Freshly ground Black Pepper and Kosher Salt
-1 bunch of Cilantro
-1/2 lime of Juice
-For Garnishing, Grated Cheddar, Sour Cream and Sliced Scallions
* Place the onions into a huge heavy pot and put it over the gas with medium heat. Sit for about 4 minutes; they should start to lose their color as they are cooking.
* Put in the garlic and continue cooking for about minute.
* Add the ketchup, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and broth. Put in the beans, and turn up to heat to get it to boil.
* Adjust to the heat so the soup is bubbling softly and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
* Season the soup with pepper and salt.
* During the process, pick off the bulky stems of the cilantro. Wash them up and shake to dry them up.
* Cut the cilantro coarsely and put it into the soup after it has simmered for 10 minutes.
* Keep cooking until the soup becomes thick; approximately 5 minutes.
* Stir in with the lime juice and serve after garnishing.
Cabbage and Cilantro Soup
This is a great low-calorie vegetarian soup that gets its flavor from fresh herbs and a little bit of hot sauce. You should especially use fresh cilantro to give this soup its real taste.
-1 pound of chopped Cabbage
-2 chopped Onions
-2 minced cloves Garlic
-2 cups of Vegetable Broth
-Dash Pepper and Salt to taste
-Hot Sauce or Dash Tobacco to taste
-Freshly chopped Cilantro
* Put all the ingredients together in a large saucepan except Cilantro. Allow the ingredients to boil for minimum 20 minutes.
* Put half of this soup in a food processor or a blender and process till the time it gets smooth.
* Put this smooth soup back with the other half and reheat it required.
* Put in cilantro and add pepper.
* Serve it with hot sauce and salt to taste.
Thai Coconut Soup
This soup is irresistible because of its delicious bold and authentic Thai flavors. Consider serving over steamed rice and you won’t be disappointed.
-1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
-3 minced cloves Garlic
-1/2 sliced Onion
-1 thin sliced Carrot
-1 cup of sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
-2 small minced Red Chili Peppers, or 1 of Jalapeno Pepper
-1 1/2 cups of Vegetable Broth
-1 1/2 ounce can of Coconut Milk
-6 thin slices of Ginger
-6 1-inch slices of Lemongrass
-Juice extracted from 1 lime
-1 1/6 ounce package of Tofu, chopped into 1inch cube
-2 tablespoons of fresh Cilantro; chopped
* In a big stock or soup pot, put the onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic along with oil for some time so it is lightly cooked.
* Turn down the heat and add the coconut, vegetable broth and other ingredients except for the cilantro.
* Allow it to boil on low heat for minimum 15 minutes.
* Put fresh cilantro right before serving.
Gazpacho is a chilled soup from Spain that can be really refreshing during the summer season. Gazpacho can be a perfect starter for a fine dinner but it is often appropriate for a light lunch when served with bread.
-1 sliced Cucumber
-4 large Tomatoes
-1/2 any color of Bell Pepper
-2 cloves of Garlic
-1 chopped Celery rib
-3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar or Red Wine
-1/2 tablespoon of Salt
-1 tablespoon fresh Parsley; chopped
-1 tablespoon fresh Basil; chopped
-1/4 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
* Cut all the refrigerated vegetables at the start into a series of cubes. Any size is fine just as long as the recipe is easier to blend.
* Combine the refrigerated tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and celery and blend until smooth.
* Add the garlic, salt, parsley, basil and pepper after everything is smooth and continue to blend. This should be done to create a consistent blend where the flavors will mix in well.
* Add ice cubes to the mixture before blending if desired.
This soup is very satisfying and warming. Pumpkin soup is not only very nutritious, but it’s also very filling and suits the best during holidays.
-1 tablespoon of Margarine
-1 diced Onion
-2 cups of prepared Pumpkin Puree
-2 peeled and cut Carrots
-2 peeled and cut Apples
-3 cups of Vegetable Stock
-1 cup of Cream
-Pepper and Salt to taste
* Melt the margarine and sauté the pumpkin, onion, carrots and apples in a pot over medium heat; this should take about 10 minutes to complete.
* Puree the mix and move it back into the pot. Add the vegetable stock to simmer for 15 minutes.
* Add the cream and simmer for 5 more minutes and serve it.
Miso soup is a Japanese product that comes from miso, a spice created by fermenting rice with salt.
-6 dried Shitake Mushrooms
-2 pieces of Kombu Seaweed
-1 1/2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
-1 tablespoon of Rice Wine
-1 cup of Button Mushrooms, sliced
-1 peeled and cut Sweet Potato
-6 ounces of Green Beans
-3-4 tablespoons of Miso Paste
-8 ounces of Tofu, cubed
-2 sliced Green Onions (optional for garnish)
* Mix the Shitake mushrooms, kombu, soy sauce, rice wine and five cups of water and boil in a pan. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
* Strain the product while using a separate pot to collect the liquid and remove the kombu seaweed so you can slice it into pieces.
* Add the button mushrooms to the Shitake mushrooms and liquid and boil, then simmer for 5 minutes at medium-low heat.
* Add the green beans, sweet potato and the kombu slices that you cut up while it was simmering. Simmer for 5-7 more minutes; the potato should become tender.
* Mix in the miso paste and heat until the miso starts to pop up. Stir in the tofu and heat for 1-2 minutes without boiling.
* Serve this with green onions if desired.
Vegetable Tortilla Soup
Vegetable Tortilla Soup can provide joy with an authentic Southwestern dish that features a mix of vegetables and tortilla chips.
-2 teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
-One pound of a Frozen Onion Stir Fry Mix
-5/8 cloves of Garlic
-1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
-10-ounce can of crushed Tomatoes
-4-ounce can of chopped Green Chile Peppers
-14-ounce can of Vegetable Broth
-6 ounces of Whole Kernel Corn
-1/4 pound Tortilla Chips
-1/3 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
-1/2 peeled and pitted Avocado
-Pepper and Salt, according to taste
* Heat vegetable oil in a pot at medium heat and stir in the stir fry mix plus cumin and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
* Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes and chile peppers and season with salt and pepper.
* Boil and then turn the heat down to simmer for about 30 minutes.
* Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes.
* Add tortilla chips, avocado and cheese on top of each bowl.
Fresh Asparagus Soup
This soup is spiced up with a dash of curry and receives the added freshness from red potatoes and coconut milk.
-2 tablespoons of Butter
-2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
-1 medium sized finely chopped Onion
-1/2 teaspoon of Salt
-1/2 teaspoon of curry Powder
-1/4 teaspoon of ground Ginger
-Juice extracted from 1 Lemon
-2 cups of Red Tomatoes, diced and peeled
-3 cups of Vegetable Broth
-1 cup of ‘lite’ Coconut Milk
-2 cups of Asparagus; 1/2 inch trimmed pieces
-Ground Pepper according to taste, fresh