The assessment includes asking yourself questions such as these:
• Where and how am I getting ideas?
• What magazines, journals, and papers do I use regularly?
• What useful books have I read recently?
• What web sites do I visit on a regular basis?
• With whom do I converse in order to find ideas?
• Who challenges my ideas and, by doing so, makes me think more effectively?
• Am I interacting with the same people day after day, or am I making new contacts, finding people outside my usual circle and field of expertise?
• Where, if at all, have I missed opportunities for idea exchanges